CONFIDENTIAL: Work at the Bar (Helper for Yuya the Barman)

2005/11/10

Work at the Bar (Helper for Yuya the Barman)

Last saturday (Nov 5) Yuya and I were assigned to work at the bar by Alan the Manager (?). Yuya told me where to get the wine and some pieces of relevant information about working at the bar such as do not clean the tea pot when we are busy (I supposed so from a Chinese point of view as tea could usually be brewed for more than once), or how to clean the wine glass properly (because Westerners take it seriously for dining!!), etc. Yuya even mixed some cocktails (of course, he did it for the orders). After he filled the glasses with cocktails, we shared the leftover from the blender or shaking bottle (?).

The happiest time ended when Kate told me to leave early due to the expectation of only a small amount of customer in the evening. It is because that Saturday is the Bon Fire Night and everyone are expected to stay in or get to town for the firework events. Mikoko told me there were events in both London and Reading (somewhere behind TESCO). Anyway, I left and I went home on foot (the first time to go back home on foot after work!).

It took me an hour to get back home as I went to Sainsbury's to do some food shopping. Besides, I got my spicy chicken wings take-away meal on the way back near Lucia and Larry's house (take away at Whitney Street and their house on Essex Street) and then I bought a bag of Sweet Chilli crisps from the Thresher Wine Shop. It is the only place where the Sweet Chilli favoured crisps of this brand is sold - a wine shop! Weird... That's what I did on the way back home and now you'd not wonder why I took that long~ (it normally takes 20-30mins to walk from Yellow River Cafe to St. George's Hall)

Yesterday (Nov 8), I talked with Yuya on the MSN. I know it's strange to talk to someone on the internet when you are living in the same building, but I find it easier to talk to him in that way because I can handle my own business in my room alone at the same time. He said he would teach me how to make cuppacino next time when we're less busy//free at the bar. Happy ~ Happy ~

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home